Note: Make sure you are logged in and in the correct event
Whenever a PNR is received from any of the GDS backbones (Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre) and imported in Azavista, it is matched to the appropriate passenger.
At that moment a booking confirmation email is being sent to the passenger. This email is only sent if an email template of type "Booking confirmation" has been created in the event. If this email template is not present, no booking confirmation will be sent.
When the email is sent, the reply-to email address for "Travel contact email address" is used as a reply-to address.
In order to make proper use of this module following steps need to be taken:
1) In the case template events are being used to create new events involved in travel, make sure the event template has an email template of type "booking confirmation (automatic)". The content of the template should contain the right information and following merge tags : %travel_segments% and %itinerary_remarks%
2) After creating a new event check if you chose a"Travel contact email address" in the "Edit general info" section.
3) Before booking any flights make sure the booking confirmation email template is correct and contains the right information.
Booking confirmations are sent when:
- A new ticket is issued for a passenger
- Ticket has been re-issued
- A flight number changes in the reservation and hence the ticket needs to be re-issued
- Ticket is cancelled