|Note: Make sure you are logged-in and in the correct event|
Following on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), planners can now easily achieve compliance as explained below.
Create a custom field of type 'GDPR Consent management' and place it in your registration form(s).
And in the form:
Participants won't be able to register unless they provide consent.
Furthermore, they have the option to unsubscribe themselves from email communications at this point (although we recommend to include an unsubscribe merge tag as explained here).
If a participant chooses to unsubscribe from email communications, then whenever a planner attempts to send an email that message will not be sent and will remain in the log with status "BLACKLISTED" and the participant's status will be changed to "GDPR Blocked."
Trick for planners: If one of your participants (or yourself) are GDPR blocked, it is because they clicked on the "Unsubscribe" link. We cannot by law re-subscribe them into the event. However, if you wish to do so, it is technically possible to do it.
1. Go to participant page in Azavista > Actions > select Email
2. Select an "Email" - as if you want to send him/her an email
Add the un-subsribe link through the merge tag GDPR (if not already there).
Merge tag appears between the % signs in your email.
3. Instead of sending it, click on Update preview > select and copy the unsubscription link
4. Paste the unsubscription link to an incognito page
5. Click on "here" to re-subscribe yourself or a participant. The participant or yourself is now no longer GDPR blocked.
Please be aware that Azavista does not take any responsibility for this action.
6. Do not forget to remove the link from your email if it was added for this action.